Brother J6520DW problem

Hi..

Ive just acquired a Brother MFC 6520DW 2nd hand

On plugging in the screen is lighting up and then Im getting the following message

'Shutting down'
all functions disabled

followed by

Standing by
on/off resume

and with that is closes down, it wont respond to the on off button

any ideas? If googled but cant come up with any thing

thanks in advance

Hi Jenny,
I am having the same issue with my printer at the moment?
Did you get it fixed and if so - how?

Thanks!

Hi Michelle,

well.... Im on solar power here, and the electric went off in the night, and when I put it back on in the morning I noticed the screen showed a different message, and has worked fine since then, I would try disconnecting it and plugging back it and try touching the screen as soon as it turns on, I do get the message if it turns off saying ID not recognised, and I just press ok and its fine.. I never turn it on and off with the button though..

only problem Im having with it now is it wont pick the paper up and gives me the message paper jam..

This happened to me too. I contacted Brother tech support via their UK web site and got a reply suggesting I turned the mains off, left it for a while and then switched the mains back on again while holding the power button on the front panel in. This fixed the issue for me :)
Good luck!

what Plum put on did work as what seems to be a temp work around because when I go to turn mine off again it goes back to the error then you have to repeat all the steps again.

Ask a Question