Brother mfc 8710dw jam issues

I use a brother mfc 8710dw and get refilled/remanufactured toner and drum units from Laser Tek Services. I have had good luck with them. Lately my machine will jam when we print it does it about 1 out of every 6-7 times we print a job. I am wondering if it is the toner or drum unit but I am not sure. Any help would be appreciated. We do fan the paper before we install it.

I just had jam issues with a brother printer. I tried a different drum and toner...no jams. So I tried each of them separately (switching them with an assembly I knew worked from another printer), and found it was the drum unit. FYI... I spent a lot of money on replacing drum units, then I found out how EASY it is to replace a roller for $5, instead of replacing the drum for $75! I also just found out how easy it is to refill the toner yourself. A bottle of powder with a funnel cap... $6 for two. You can save a lot of $. Anyway... try a different drum is my suggestion to your problem. :)

Ask a Question