Brother MFC-J450DW no longer scans to email

My PC runs on the Windows7 operating system. All attempts to "scan-to-email" have suddenly stopped working. A message says, "There is no default email application registered in your computer". This is not true - everything else regarding my email is working properly - as it has for the last eight months, until now. Nonetheless, I have re-registered my email several times and it always comes up as registered. I even reloaded the drivers for my MFC-J450DW. I still get the error message above.
I DO find my scans however - they are located in a folder labeled "ControlCenter4", which is the only folder contained within a desktop icon labeled "Pictures". (I see that this “Pictures” folder is actually a sub-folder in my “My Pictures” Library. (I have no idea how these folders have gotten to where they are. I didn’t put them there.) There are three sub-files in the ControlCenter4 folder: "Email", "OCR", and "Scan". I find my scans in the "Email" file: the other two are empty. From there however, I can successfully execute a "send to mail recipient" command. But that is a lot more cumbersome than just pushing the "scan-to-email" button on my printer.
"Scan-to-email" is something we use a lot. It worked fine until two days ago: how can I get it back? I’ve twice tried the “System Restore” option, with both attempts to restore failing. This printer is just 8 months old and still within warranty: do I have to send it back

Ask a Question