Brother MFC-J8885DW no text on paper

The printer is used more than once a week and the most recent use was a couple of days before the issues and three days prior to that. So been having this issue for two days now. The printer went from printing fine to light black with color then to nothing.
Swapped the tanks which were full. Went through cleanings, nozzle checks, and initial purges. Called BROTHER and came up with the same results. Sucked ink out from the printer not much in there. In an attempt to suck out any clogs at the inlets. Forced ink through system pressure held with no give. Ink did transfer from the head to the paper towel in the printer.
I did the wet ammonia-based glass cleaner soaked paper towel under the printhead procedure for over four hours That cleaned the head up until the paper towels came back pretty clean. Left it overnight soaking on top of another clean paper towel one last time. Pulled the paper towel this morning which was clean. I did a volume check then ran a print quality a blank sheet came out. Print nozzles clogged came up answered questions Ran nozzle cleaning, Ran these procedures again while typing and it still spitting out a blank sheet.

Not sure if I should get Cleaning Solution Kit and wait for it to show up, or there something else I can do.

Last edited:

Ask a Question