C5500 toner question

I hope I remember to explain everything, but excuse me if I do not.

I have a C5500 Okidata that I purchased 8-10 years ago. I need to replace original toner yellow cartridge. I have purchased an aftermarket Yellow toner from 3 different companies and all throw the error code 614; incompatible toner. OK, I know what that means. But they all swear that their toner should work and with three different companies' toner (chips are in toner) I am wondering why I cannot get it to work.

I have tried A LOT of tricks to reset everything. Is my printer a BEAR and uses exclusively OKI (from the Oki Empire Ink)?

Can I refill starter cartridges? I also am familiar with print resetter however right now I do not have the yellow starter because I threw it away and its in trash heaven.

Is my only resort to purchase a yellow from Oki Empire? Can anybody help me...maybe you own a C5500 which prints incredible colored copies.....

If I have to purchase all 4 cartridges, it will be more $$ than the C332dn which is their lowest cost printer....

Thanks in advance.

I hope I remember to explain everything, but excuse me if I do not.

I have a C5500 Okidata that I purchased 8-10 years ago. I need to replace original toner yellow cartridge. I have purchased an aftermarket Yellow toner from 3 different companies and all throw the error code 614; incompatible toner. OK, I know what that means. But they all swear that their toner should work and with three different companies' toner (chips are in toner) I am wondering why I cannot get it to work.

I have tried A LOT of tricks to reset everything. Is my printer a BEAR and uses exclusively OKI (from the Oki Empire Ink)?

Can I refill starter cartridges? I also am familiar with print resetter however right now I do not have the yellow starter because I threw it away and its in trash heaven.

Is my only resort to purchase a yellow from Oki Empire? Can anybody help me...maybe you own a C5500 which prints incredible colored copies.....

If I have to purchase all 4 cartridges, it will be more $$ than the C332dn which is their lowest cost printer....

Thanks in advance.

HI, I would use the original empty Okidata toner cart, but refill with toner from Static Control in Georgia. It is the only OKI toner I trust. They will tell you if they have your toner refills and if you need replacement chips.
Before I buy a Laser, I check with them, If they dont make refill toner for it, I don't buy it. -RockitRon

Ask a Question