Can I stop printer cleaning when I do not ask it to? Always happenning with discs.

Problem specific to disc printing. Sick of this. If I want to print say ten discs, it ALWAYS does one first, then insists on cleaning itself before it carries on. The other nine or however many will be fine. But this always happens, even if I have only just chosen to clean it myself the day before. Is this just an annoying way Epson gets you to spend money? Does anyone else have this? Any advice welcome as I do print a lot of discs. Thanks SORRY I know I put this up twice. I did not know there was a specific Epson part when I put this on main printer discussions. New to forum

All of the major printers do a cleaning cycle each time you turn the printer on, or if you start to print something and it has been more than 12 hours since you last printed anything.
1. don't turn your printer off, especially as you do your PC every night.
2. Print something everyday and if you have nothing to print, print a nozzle check. Print some email.

Anything you print, including your nozzle check will use 1/50th of the amount of ink that is dumped in the bottom of your printer if you let the printer do the auto cleaning cycle.

A lot of people that tend to print only black documents wonder what their colored ink carts are also always running out. The auto cleaning cycle dumps both the black and all colors, and it dumps a LOT of ink.

The manufacturers do this to claim it needs to be done to insure that when you do print something, you will get excellent results.

The other thing to do is to refill your own ink and in this way you will become more knowledgeable about your printer and how to take care of it every day.

Ask a Question