Can not scan with MFC-L2700DW

Someone named ruffin helped me before so I hope he/she is around and watching! :)

My husband (Marv) thought he'd get out his book on this printer and see if he could set it so that it doesn't print and copy so dark. I don't know what he did, but ... now it won't scan. Wi-Fi is working, it prints from the laptop and copies just fine, but when he tries to scan (on his computer) he gets the message that the printer can't be found.

The guy from our ISP was in the office to change the phone location and Marv asked him about it. The isp guy checked things out a bit (probably not too hard since that isn't their job), but he couldn't find anything.

I hope you can help me. We live 100 miles from the nearest repair service. I could probably figure it out eventually if I could get to Marv's office, but I'm disabled and it's hard for me to get out in the winter so I hope someone will help.

Thanks

Just to be clear:

Laptop copies - prints - scans without difficulty

Marv's computer does not recognize printer, but is able to connect to Internet ok.

You must have Wifi network, since both computers are suppose to connect to printer as well as Internet.

If above is true follow this:
Have Marv re-install MFC-L2700 using install CD on his computer only
First Be sure to un-install any previous attempts to install. See our previous conversations early-on.

You dont identify your operating system (Windows 10 or 9 or 7 or is it Mac)

This is Windows 10 and yes, uses Wifi.

Print command from laptop to printer works. The printer also makes copies. But when he opens Brother Control Center and tells it to scan he gets a window that says something about not finding the printer. It was working just fine before he went to the controls on the printer itself to try and set it to print and copy lighter. He didn't change that from the laptop, but went to the controls on the printer. I think he must have done something in there that made a disconnect with the scan command. I don't know if one can scan by just using the scan command on the printer.

He does not have the install CD.

Have Marv re-install MFC-L2700 using appropriate downloaded printer driver on his computer only.
First Be sure to un-install any previous attempts to install. See our previous conversations early-on.
Navigate: Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click MFC 2700 Icon -> Select "Remove Device"
Proceed with new install.

Reinstalled printer and got everything worked out. Thanks for all your kind help. Merry Christmas!

Ask a Question