Can only print pictures not text documents

Can't print word documents,webpages,emails.can print pictures from PC. Window 7 Ultimate
Won't print from Notepad.Kodak ESP 2170 Copies come out faded. again pictures come out perfect. Only feeds paper thru no text

You can simply go to your setting and find the setting for both photo and image because you might have untick the other. But if not, maybe it is a problem with your driver.

I'm mostly ignorant about Kodak printers, but my speculation is that b/w text may have problems, which would point at the black pigment ink.

In "the world of Canon", having a MediaType of "Plain Paper" and printing b/w text will use black pigment ink. Pretty much any other MediaType will involve the CMY or CMYK dye ink. I'd be a bit surprised if the Kodak printer was much different.

I assume that your Kodak printer can do the equivalent of a "nozzle check" (may have different name in Kodak land). What does it look like? Can you scan the nozzle check, and include as attachment?

Ask a Question