Cannot Install Control Center 4

TEL

Printer: MFC-J475dw

Had Brother Software on my desktop. Uninstalled it some time ago. Bought the above printer and tried to reinstall the Brother Software. Get to the language screen and when I click OK, the install software exits. Have tried Uninstalling the drivers using the current Brother uninstall utility. Have tried the disc that came with the printer as well as the most recent downloads on the Brother site. Have tried to full software install and the Control Center Updater.

Able to install drivers using Add Printer in Control Panel and get basic printing function working. Downloaded Brother Print&Scan metro app and it works ok, but doesn't provide much functionality. I suspect my old Brother install left something in the registry that is telling the install program that CC4 is already installed and causing it to exit. Have searched the registry and there are lots of Brother remnants left over from old install (which I uninstalled using iObit Uninstaller). I hesitate going through the registry and just deleting anything bearing the Brother name.

Any suggestions. Brother technical people suggested I try various things, all of which I had already tried. Suggested I talk to Microsoft who will, of course, tell me to do a re-install of Windows.

TEL

No Answers?

Still trying to find an answer with no responses. Wrote to Brother Technical Support and they have not even bothered to respond. I really wanted to upgrade to a different Brother inkjet, but need to be able to use Control Center. Guess I'll have to get a Canon or HP.

Just to recap - The install program exits with no warning error code or explanation when I hit OK on the Select Language window.

Ask a Question