Canon iP4200 clogged nozzle

Guess I let this printer sit too long. The PGBK (big black) cartridge produces no output --- the test page has 6 colored strips including the BK at the bottom (kind of pale but they exist), but nothing at the top, where the PGBK should be. I'm assuming the problem is a clogged nozzle. I have tried a new genuine-Canon cartridge, have run "deep clean" many times, and have even filled an old PGBK cartridge with rubbing alcohol (70% ABV) and run "deep clean" with that. Still no black printing.

Any suggestions? The advice I've seen are (from Canon) "deep clean" and (not from Canon!) the alcohol. I've done both, with no success.

if you have tried all the cleans, then you may need to get a new printer. The new Canons are pretty good. I have an MG5650 and does a great deep clean with no problems. Also depends how long you let it sit for. For the sake of not having the hassle I would buy a new printer, your choice though.

if you have tried all the cleans, then you may need to get a new printer. The new Canons are pretty good. I have an MG5650 and does a great deep clean with no problems. Also depends how long you let it sit for. For the sake of not having the hassle I would buy a new printer, your choice though.
Thank you, Toby. Needing to print something out, I actually bought a new printer a few days ago: a HP LaserJet Pro 1109w. I have no need for color. This printer cost about what I'd paid for new Canon ink cartridges in the past few weeks ($80). The 700-sheet trial cartridge should last me years. Thanks again!

Thanks for your reply Werdigo, do you no what the toner number is for that printer? If you don't need color then that is a non brainer to get a laser jet. You should be able to get a decent re manufactured toner for that which will save you money on it. It wont dry up either as the toner is powder! great news! :)

Ask a Question