Canon iP4200 - Printhead repair ?

After years of faithful service, I hate to can this extraordinary, easy to fill, Canon iP4200 printer.

5 blinks LED says the printhead is kaput. I must have run it with the black-pigment ink dry. I tried everything on it, soaking in alcohol, cleaning contacts, etc. Came back for 1 day and died again. 5 blinks on LED indicator.

Is there any way to resurrect the head? New printers cost less than a head replacement. I don't need perfection. It is OK if one or a few of the resistors have burnt out. I don't want to lose my love. :(

Is there a contact that checks for head integrity that I can block, etc? Can I override the iP4200 to ignore head integrity?

Any and all help is absolutely welcome and thanks in advance.

PrinterHead

Unfortunately if you've used alcohol and gone through the appropriate cleaning mechanisms there's not much you can do... in my opinion most companies will tend to have a set lifespan to increase profits.. five years is a long time and I guess you'll buy a Canon after such a long time of usage.. right?

Ask a Question