Canon IP4500 printing poor

I have always used (after initially the inks that came with the machine) substitute inks ( using the old chips from the canon cartridges) which have printed fine. However, the last batch I bought on Ebay have been very flat and dull as well as cold looking prints. I have tested the inks and they all print ok.

Also, I used to print CD disks which always came out ok but now they seem poor again and more worrying, the text isn't sharp. I understand the inks may not be good but why would it print slightly blurred and not 100% black ink ?

The canon inks were too expensive for me but I now think I may have to get some if these are the results. The trouble is, they seem to be discontinued.

Can anyone give a novice some advice what I should do (I have dried deep cleaning etc) and where to get some decent, reasonably priced inks from.

Thanks.

Refill the Canon ink cartridges yourself with good quality bulk ink. This will cost one tenth (or so) the cost per refill compared to the cost of a new OEM cartridge.

Could you please tell me where I can buy this from making sure the quality the best ?

Thanks.

:)

Ask a Question