Canon IPF8300S........ unused for over a year

Advice please.... I've inherited a Canon iPF8300s It came with a couple of new inks, Onyx Rip, PC, I'm not sure which version yet, but it's not been used for over a year.... What are the chances of getting it working....is it worth it?... is it worth anything?
Thank you

Advice please.... I've inherited a Canon iPF8300s It came with a couple of new inks, Onyx Rip, PC, I'm not sure which version yet, but it's not been used for over a year.... What are the chances of getting it working....is it worth it?... is it worth anything?

Sure its worth it... I have one of these and I love it. Does it power up OK? If not, pay attention to what errors are returned. Print heads can be rather expensive, but they are user replaceable and they are very easy to clean outside the printer.

Sure its worth it... I have one of these and I love it. Does it power up OK? If not, pay attention to what errors are returned. Print heads can be rather expensive, but they are user replaceable and they are very easy to clean outside the printer.

Thats encouraging.... what sort of value would it have?

Thats encouraging.... what sort of value would it have?

This is a hard one to answer, as different people look at different aspects of the printing process. Personally, I liked the 12 inks that this printer offered. There are lots of YouTube videos available, but the size was the major con for me. I had difficulty getting this into my office and I had to lift it on its end to do so, and the intermediate ink tanks quickly became an issue, as they would leak when I did this... I had to make sure these tanks were empty and that wasn't easy. Mine had a bad mother board, but the original owner took the time to tell me everything wrong/right about the printer, so at least I felt rather good when I put my money down. In the end, I got an excellent printer that I enjoy using.

Ask a Question