Canon MP150 Installation Problem

RDA

Hi, I'm new in this forum and I came here looking desperately for help.

I bought a Canon MP150 10 months ago and it works fine in my home desktop. I bought a toshiba laptop, a satellite, and I'm trying to install the printer on it, but when the setup program supposes to recognize the printer, always get the same error, something like the device couldn't be recognized and won't work, when it happens, the printer appears on the device manager like an unknown device. I already tried to install it manually from the device manager and I get another error, something like the driver doesn't has information about the device.

Tried this many times, turn on and off the laptop and rerun the setup program like a hundred of times and the error remains.

Somebody knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks

RDA

Did you ever get to the bottom of your problem with the MP150? :)

Andy

Yes but the solution is absurd. I had to unable the usb2 driver in the device manager everytime I wanted to use the printer or the scanner. It looks to me that cannon must be an extremely bad brand if they leaves a product in the market without an appropriate driver or unable to work in OS higher than winxp. I throw the printer to the thrash can a lot of time ago. never want to know anything about cannon in my life again.

Ask a Question