Canon or Lexmark Printer Advice

I just had a previous Canon MP600 fail after about two years, and after going through lots of ink. I'm looking for a new MP inkjet printer and am interested in the Lexmark Prevail Pro 705 and the Canon MP870. I've also considered HP, but have heard even more horror stories with their printers than I have with Canon and Lexmark. I'm looking for something in the $150 or lower price range with document feeder and 802.11n wireless as the key features above and beyond the standard print, scan and copy (including 2-sided copying). Between the Lexmark and Canon, what do you recommend? Other recommendations?

I am in the same state as you, but my printer hasn't failed - I just want a more efficient one. If you can live without the wireless N, get the Epson Artisan 810, which also includes fax support. However, it has a large footprint and uses 6 different ink cartridges which may seem like it would drive up the cost per page, but if you take your empties to Staples, office depot, or office max, the discount for recycling will give you a pretty good cost per page.

Ask a Question