Canon PiXMA iP2600 ink cartridge

I took apart an ink cartridge for my pixma printer. In this case it was a black cartridge. I completely cleaned it out (inside was a spongelike object) and refilled it with a different colored ink. In theory, I should be able to print in the other color without smears of black (if I cleaned the cartridge properly).
The supply levels on the printer say that my cartridge is almost full, and it allows me to print pages. However, wherever there should be black ink, it just doesn't print anything.

What did I do wrong, and is there any way I can fix this?

I take it you didnt change the control chip on the cartridge? The printer will probably read that the cartridge is in the wrong position and not print. You really shouldnt fill an ink cartridge with a different colour ink anyway... sure fire way to get muddy colours!

EDIT: Re-read your post... You simply wanted to replace any black you printed with another colour right? I think either the print head was damaged when you cleaned it, or you didn't refill the cartridge properly. It would have probably been simpler to change the colour of whatever you were printing on your computer, rather than change the colour of the black ink. If you change the black ink all your other colours will be off too.

Last edited:

Ask a Question