Canon Pixma iP7250 inks

considering buying a Canon Pixma iP7250 printer to replace my old epson, selected this model as it will print on CD/DVDs which I do a lot of, the information says it takes 5 separate inks yet when looking at inks for it they all show 4 except Argos which shows 6 inks, black, cyan, magenta, yellow, light cyan, light magenta. can somebody advise me please on replacement inks for this printer, thanks

Hi Harry I have noticed that you were interested in the ip7250 printer. Did you end up getting one? I have one and refill my own ink but wanted to know if you did and how you do it. I know its nothing to do with your question but just thought id ask incase you ended up buying one..cheers mate

Hi Bobby, yes I bought one, kept watching the price on argos, amazon and currys as price kept fluctuating, one day one would be cheaper, then one of the others, in the end argos and curry's, my preferred choices as stores nearer, suddenly jumped from £49.99 to £80 so settled on amazon, received it the next day and didn't use prime, so far happy with it, have setting on draft and duplex, when printing the front cover opens automatically to eject the printed paper, have yet to print a dvd, hope that helps

Thanks for the reply mate. I bought this printer and really cant fault it. Its amazing quality photos for the cost of the printer. But i wanted to know if you fill your own ink ask it uses quite alot. I read alot of posts about syringing the ink into drilled holes..but if you have noticed, the sponge is at the bottom of the cartridge so i just slowly dropped ink into the sponge and it has seems to work and the prints are as good as before. I just wanted to know if you filled them yourself to see how you would do it. Cheers Harry

sorry for the misunderstanding Bobby, I don't usually fill m own cartridges, I have a waste tank I used on my epson to save the ink pads filling up, no idea on how to connect it to my canon but just bought cheaper inks, will this help?

Ask a Question