Canon Pixma MG3120

Hello. I am printing to a Canon Pixma MG3120 wirelessly from Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion). One thing I've noticed is that the printer is using a lot of ink very rapidly. In the printer settings that are available to me I am not presented with any options to change the quality of what I am printing or color / black and white or very many options in general. If anyone has any ideas about how to modify these things I would be most appreciative. Thanks!

My impression is that this printer has all three CMY colors in one cartridge, also with integrated print-head. The ink capacity is quite small, and reports "Low Ink" or "Empty Ink" when any of the colors are used up.

"High Quality" photo printing usually means the print-head only sprays ink droplets unidirectionally, but not when the print-head is returning. "Standard Quality" usually means that ink droplets are sprayed bi-directionally as the print-head is moving left-to-right, and also right-to-left.

There may be more ink used in "High Quality" than "Standard Quality".

Ask a Question