Canon Pixma MG6250 black works fine after washing but doesn't work next day

Hi.

I have a Canon Pixma MG6250, which has been annoying me with the amount of ink it drinks for a long time now.

Most of my printing is 99% black text with maybe a colour logo or such in one corner, a handful of sides a month, and yet my colours always seemed to be throwing up warnings, so I disabled the ink monitor and printed B&W until I printed a page where it was obvious the black ink was running out.

Decided to move to compatables, changed 4 cartridges including PG Black, nozzle check everything working fine apart from PG BLack which was at about 70%. PG black deteriorated with every clean, so I took the print heads out and washed them in warm water.

Absolutely perfect nozzle check, not a missing line on the page. Printed a few sheets, all perfect.

Next day I print another page and half the black text is missing. Run a nozzle check which doesn't look good so I run a clean after which it is visibly worse, and after a deep clean I get nothing from PG Black at all. All other colours still 100%.

Does anybody have any idea what the hell is going on with my PG Black?

Many thanks,

RTA.

I was using Canon ink, and it was costing me a fortune for a few sheets of black text a month.

The black ran dry, replaced it with a third party cart and the nozzle pattern was rough. Took the print head out and washed it after cleaning made it worse and it worked perfectly. Printed a few pages of heavy black text, next day no black again. Tried a different cartridge, same result. Rewashed, now nothing.

It's had 4 third party carts in it for about 48 hours...The black was obviously unclogged. Every other cart including 4 3rd party swapped in at the same time absolutely perfect.

Yes, I know OEM ink more expensive, unfortunately. Your black ink is pigment ink, which more app to clog and
difficult to clear once it clogs. Your color ink is simply dye ink and seldom causes clogging. Wish you luck

Ask a Question