Canon Selphy CP600 Printer showing up as "Unspecified Device"

Hello! I joined this forum because I can't seem to find the solution to this problem anywhere.

I own a Canon Selphy CP600 Compact Photo Printer. I have attempted to use this printer on multiple laptops/desktops and keep having the same problem.

I download the software (ZoomBrowserEX) from the disk with no problem. When I attempt to download the drivers, it says that there is no driver associated with this printer. Several sites that I visited, including the Canon retailer page for this printer, also specify that no driver is needed.

When I go to print a photo, the printer does not show up as an option in ZoomBrowserEX. In my computer's "Devices and Printers," the printer shows up as an "Unspecified Device" rather than a printer. When I try to add it as a new printer, the Canon Selphy CP600 doesn't show up as an addable option.

What can I do? I've used this printer on this computer before (I recently blanked my hard drive), so I know it works and is compatible.

Any help is appreciated.

Ask a Question