Canon ts9020 and printing to DVD

I bought this a couple weeks back due to good reviews, a steep discount/clearance price, and its ability to print to CD/DVD media. So far, I cannot print to a disk from my computer:

Windows 10, Ryzen 1700 & Asrock Taichi, 16GB

I'd LIKE to make an image using a photoshop template, then print that image to disk. I don't want to be chained to their "My Image Garden" software if I can avoid it. I'd rather just use the good software I have than whatever shovelware they foist upon me.

There's no option to to select the 'disk tray' when I go to print, and whenever I insert the disk tray, the printer tells me it's jammed. It won't print to the tray. This is the case from EVERY program I print with, from Wordpad to Photoshop to "My Image Garden".

I have successfully printed to a disk using only the printer. I scanned a DVD image with it, then using the printer control panel, I was able to select the disk tray and print it. I cannot do it from within Windows, however.

I installed "My Image Garden", which I really don't have any interest in using or having on my computer, only because that's how the online PDF manual says to print a disk. I followed the directions, and it did not work either. It printed from the paper cassette, giving me no option to select the 'disk tray', just the paper cassette or the rear tray. Once again, when I insert the disk tray, the printer tells me it's jammed.

I've spent hours installing/uninstalling/reinstalling Canon drivers and software, surfing the internet for help and ideas. I posted on their forums and sent a msg to their support ppl, with not responses so far. I'm quite frustrated and not terribly happy right now.

I'd even accept having to use THEIR "my Image Garden" software to print disks with at this point, but it doesn't work either. I could whip up images in PS and import them. I must have 10 hours into this, and I can't make this work.

I'm thinking about buying an Epson all-in-one, which I feel like I probably should have done from the get-go. This is my second Canon printer, and the first one did not make a good impression either, several years back. OTOH, I liked my old Epson, and my friend loves his, and he can print to disks just fine.

Any ideas as to HOW I can get this miserable Canon to do what I paid money for it to do? Failing that, any recommendations for which model Epson I should replace it with? The XP-640? XP-830? The XP-960? The last one handles 11 x 17" prints, so at least it does something to justify my spending another $200. Whichever I get, it HAS TO WORK without this kind of aggravation. I'd be paying to not have to do this kind of crazymaking debugging a second time.

I'd rather not spend more money, I'd like for the Canon to work, but I don't know how many times and ways I'm supposed to install drivers and software just to see it fail. Thanks for reading this far, I look forward to your replies.

Try Acoustica Label Maker. Think they have trial period and software cost about $20 after trial.

https://www.acoustica.com/cd-label-maker/

and here:

https://www.acoustica.com/cd-label-maker/screenshots.htm

Sez compatable with Canon TS9020 here:

https://www.acoustica.com/cd-label-maker/support/cd-dvd-label-jewel-case-support.htm

Works for me. Have Epson Artisan 730 and XP640. Both work fine with Acoustica direct print application.
Hope this helps

THANKS! I'll give it a try and post back with how it goes.

Try Acoustica Label Maker. Think they have trial period and software cost about $20 after trial.

https://www.acoustica.com/cd-label-maker/

YOU! SIR or MADAM! I wish to give you a dozen of the finest Internet Cookies.

You have solved a problem that the Canon forums, Canon Support, and my 10 hours or so of installing/uninstalling drivers could not fix. You have saved me returning this printer and spending $80 - $240 on a new Epson printer.

Needless to say, I will be buying this software.

Your time has saved me a lot of trouble. I thank you.

Just so you know, Ruffin, someone else in the Canon forum came along later with the same problem. I pointed them at this program, so you helped more than just me today.

Ask a Question