Cant install Lexmark X4850

Hi

Ive been given a Lexmark X4850 by a friend who got a new one, I have Windows 7 x64 and there are drivers for this OS on the Lexmark website for this model, however, no matter how much i try it seems to partially install and windows reports that it did not install correctly and that it may not work, right enough it doesnt... the setup kinda trys to force wifi...which works, but the driver install doesnt work.. Windows can see the printer, it just cant communicate with it, the first time I tried it seemed too work and showed as having small bit of ink left and when printed it just spat out a blank sheet - but I have since reinstalled and will not work.

I dont think its an Low on Ink issue as the driver should still install and get the printer operable

can anyone help with this please?

thanks

can you just start off by plugging it in and trying to print that way. Sometimes they hang up and you can fix it by plugging directly into the printer. You also need to check your print cue and empty it out if you haven't already

Ask a Question