Cartridge Color Mixed

Trying to find theories as to why my Canon iP4200 yellow cartridge is leeching black ink from somewhere. I noticed the yellow was printing sort of gray, and upon examination, the cartridge had leeched black ink into the yellow cartridge and possibly the M&C. I purged the (Canon) tank and refilled it and the next day, the sponge had again leeched black ink into it. Is this a problem anyone can recognize or offer a possible troubleshoot or remedy? I have a new set of genuine cartridges, but want to see if I can narrow this issue down to it's cause and avoid tainting my new cartridges. This model has a Pigmented black as well as an ink black cartridge. They are all Canon tanks and really low now, so maybe that fact will assist in troubleshooting. I don't have an ink black - intend to refill that one. Any ideas would be welcomed. Thanks

After replacing all cartridges w/ OEM carts/tanks , I believe the issue is most likely with the ink black, PGM not as likely. Oddly, the magenta is now affected rather than the yellow. The leeching occurs more rapidly when I use a full black CLI-8 and even though I put tape over the vent, it doesn't take more than an hour for black to start getting into the nozzles and, after a day or two, into the cartridge sponge. If I use the clean print heads utility, I get back to normal prints. Any chance I can remedy this issue? Any insight into print head mechanics or common issues might help. The printer print very well and I just got it printing on CD's so I'd like to continue to use it without swaping the black to slow the leeching.and printing nozzle checks to check to see if colors are tainted. Thanks for any advice.

Ask a Question