Change default cpi of a lpt1 mapped printer

I use an old program to print some reports. This program can send print jobs only to LPT port. Since I have modern (USB) printer, I mapped it to lpt1 so the program sends print jobs to my usb printer. Everything was fine when I used Lexmark e234 printer. When e234 failed I changed it to Brother HL-2230. At first, it printed blank pages only. By trial and error I found that by changing Print Processor from RAW to TEXT it started to print. The program that I use offers several printing options including choosing cpi. It worked fine for lexmark printer but Brother always prints in 10cpi no matter what option do I choose. How can I change the default cpi for Windows 7 or Brother printer ?

EDIT:
Possible solutions:
1. Change default CPI from 10 to 17. I have absolutely no idea how to do this.
2. Find appropriate print processor. I noticed that print processor winprint->TEXT does not interpret any escape sequences, instead it just prints them e.g. when I try to print at 17 cpi, it prints ESC g and then text.

Last edited:

Ask a Question