Cheaper fuser grease available in the EU?

My Laserjet 1010 has a torn fuser film. I should just buy a new printer, but I like recycling and fixing stuff and the 1010 series is simple to take apart.

The cheap fuser films from China for this model, come without grease unfortunately. The more expensive options are way too expensive compared to a new printer.

Is there any other grease I can use instead? It doesn't have to be a perfect replacement. If I can get another 100 pages from this printer I will be content.

The greases that are recommended on many internet forums, Uniflor 8172 and Krytox GPL-205, are not available in europe, and overseas shipping is twice the price of the grease, so like €50 for a single tube. Hard to motivate for a one time repair of a very old machine.

I have a friend who is a car mechanic, is there any auto grease that would work, such as Lithium grease?

It was mentioned on some web site that the LaserJet 1100 series toner melts at around 100°C.

How high temperatures does grease in a 1010 series fuser need to deal with? I can get 200°C PTFE auto grease.

Slow traffic on this site... Anyway, an update: it seem that HP laser toner melts at 170-180°C and not 100°C. Brother toner is rumored to melt at 190°C.

I also found a seller in hong kong that supplies fuser films for the 1010 series and includes grease. We'll see how that works out. I might tear the printer down for parts instead.

Ask a Question