CLX-3185

My prints were starting to look washed out and the yellows were not coming thru. Bought a new replacement yellow cartridge and installed in printer. Noticed toner was leaking from cartridge and was spreading to the cartridges below. Called the vendor who shipped another new cartridge. Advised to clean the other cartridges as best I could and continue to print. (This from the Samsung help line??) They said that after several copies, the problem would go away. Did so but the end product is not close to true color. Before replacing the yellow cartridge, I had an acceptable print result. Now I don't know what to do. The printer is 5 years old and I don't know if I'm pushing a rope or if there is a reasonable solution to this issue. The 'Supplies Information Report' shows the fuser life is 6770 images. The total image count is at 6944. Am I living on borrowed time? Anyone out there have any suggestions.

I would get ready to replace the printer, but if you push the issue with Samsung they will replace the other toners, call in and ask for ECR. usually they will call you back in like 5 days but I am sure they will replace the other ones, just don't take no for an awnser. post updates :)

Ask a Question