DCP j132W

LIZ

I'm having problems printing from my laptop. I can copy and print from the printer and its receiving data from the laptop but when it goes to print from it gurgles and stops. I've tried it on wireless and on USB but as soon as it gets to the printing bit it just makes a noise and stops then throws out a sheet of paper. the action in the printer says....data remaining.
any help would be great thanks.
I've left it idle for a few minutes and it seems to want to print but ends up just throwing out more blank sheets....it seems to be going through the process but not printing.

Last edited:
Sounds like you never installed printer driver in laptop. You say printer prints ok when used as "Copy" machine.
It scans and then prints what is scanned, but will not print from laptop.

You dont indicate Operating System. If Windows follow this:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right click DCP132 Icon -> Select "Remove Device"
If you never installed printer driver, then DCP icon will be missing.
Re-install printer driver from Brothers Install disc or download and install from Brother's web site.
You must be careful to install appropriate driver for your operating system.
Follow installation instructions carefully. See your printer manual. Some printers specify USB
cable to be connected only after driver installation. Follow instructions carefully.
Advise

LIZ

Sounds like you never installed printer driver in laptop. You say printer prints ok when used as "Copy" machine.
It scans and then prints what is scanned, but will not print from laptop.

You dont indicate Operating System. If Windows follow this:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right click DCP132 Icon -> Select "Remove Device"
If you never installed printer driver, then DCP icon will be missing.
Re-install printer driver from Brothers Install disc or download and install from Brother's web site.
You must be careful to install appropriate driver for your operating system.
Follow installation instructions carefully. See your printer manual. Some printers specify USB
cable to be connected only after driver installation. Follow instructions carefully.
Advise

It's a new laptop with windows 10. It automatically upgraded and since then I've had nothing but troubles with various areas crashing and the printer not working. I'll try what you suggest. Thank you so much.

Ask a Question