Dell 1235 Ghosting Issues

Hey guys. I've been working on a Dell 1235 with ghosting issues that is leaving me clueless. When I originally got the service call, my first thought was that it was likely a bad imaging drum based off of the description I received. This wasn't the case - replacing the imaging drum didn't make anything better. My next thought was that it was potentially the fuser, however this model is very tricky to take apart and no service manuals exist for it (as far as I know). None of my vendors carry fusers for this model, and at this point I was informed this model of printer was only sold for a very short period of time and that Dell never made a service manual for it. Sometimes when I'm faced with a strange situation like this, I'll call the Parts Now technical support line, however the only information they had about this printer is that it shares the same layout as the Samsung clx 3170. So my company ended up deciding to just completely replace the printer with a brand new one since we still were unable to find replacement fusers through any of our vendors. We just recently swapped out the printers, and unbelievably it is still ghosting. So this is a brand new Dell 1235 with new toner, new fuser, new imaging drum, new everything and it is still having ghosting issues. I'm at a loss for what could be causing this unless either the new imaging drum or new Dell 1235 came defected. Upon inspection both the new and old imaging drums appear flawless with no visual defects as well as the fuser. Attached is an example of the ghosting defect, as well as two color print outs (note that these color printouts were before the toners were replaced). Ruler for size reference although no image defect ruler exists for this model.

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 168
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 179
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 183
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg