deskjet 130 - trying to make sure it works

hi guys!

i was given a designjet 130. i was told it works but needs new ink and a power cord. i don't think i'll ever use this, so i'd like to try and sell it. i'd also like to make sure it actually works fine before i sell it.

so far i've done the following:

1. grabbed the powercord from our little printer, and used it for the designjet. the designjet started up pretty well. it's been making little noises for the last 5 minutes. the little screen on the left hand sign lights up and shows 6 bars that i guess correspond with the 6 ink cartridges in this thing; 3 of the bars are empty, the other 3 look like they're about 75% full. in the top left corner of the screen there's a little busy hourglass beeping.

2. i put some 8.5x11 sheets of paper in it, that seemed to make it happy. it's still buzzing and whirring and making little laborous noises. it has spit out 2 pieces of paper so far - i'll scan them tomorrow when i have a chance so you can see what they look like. on both pages, half the sheet is blank, the other half is a series of yellow and green lines and blue dots and some funny looking arrows.

3. i tried to print a test page from a youtube video i watched, that said to hold down the power button and press the resume button 4 times. i held down the power button, pressed the resume button once, and it beeped a bit and slowly shut down and turned off. i turned it back on, and it's back to being busy and spitting out that weird yellow/green line page every 5-10 minutes.

SO! what should i do & how can i test this thing to be reasonable sure it worked well?

i don't want to replace the ink cartridges on it if possible. i have some letter size paper and i think i have maybe a few A2 sheets lying around that i could do a test print on to make sure it'll print at a large format.. basically i don't want to spend anymore money on this than necessary. also what's a good price for one of these things without ink!?

it's still spitting out the same test page but seems to have calmed down a bunch. should i just leave it on overnight?

Ask a Question