Epson 1390/1400 printing blank pages

Hello everyone !
I am hoping I could get some advice on my Epson 1400 printer. Forgive me if this is a long post but wanted to ensure I gave as much detail as possible.

It has been printing perfectly for well over a year. A few days ago I printed some images and foolishly left the printer switched on overnight.

The following day I attempted to print some more media but no ink was printing onto the paper. I have run several head cleans as well as purged ink through the print head to clear any blockages, the cleaning solution flows clearly through it. When performing a head clean I can also clearly see ink being sucked up through the pump.

After various cleaning attempts I managed to enable the black and yellow ink to flow properly, the cyan, and magenta would print but very lightly and would have horizontal lines through the print. However after a few more media prints it has now gone back again to printing blank pages.

Would a faulty print head be causing this ? I also read somewhere that the ribbon cables connected to the head can be the cause.

I've noticed some people mention that blown f1 f2 or f6 fuses could cause blank pages but I was unable to locate these and as it was at one point printing colour albeit not very well my main concern is that it's the head/cable

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Would think that since you were able to get black and yellow to flow, then unlikely blown fuses
cause the problem. Printer switched on overnight should not cause problem either.

Are you using OEM Epson ink cartridges with Epson Ink??
Do cartridges have adequate ink levels?

It would appear your printer experiencing ink clogging or print head ink clogged.
You may get some ideas clicking this link:

https://www.printerforums.net/threads/clogged-print-heads.65647/

I am using refillable non OEM cartridges and have never experienced issues with them over the past year, status monitor shows them inserted and all have plenty of ink to function

I did perform flushing on the ink head by gently pushing it through with a syringe. The cleaner flowed through, bubbled slightly then the 'waterfall' effect happened on all nozzles.

Ask a Question