Epson 3800 say a full cartridge is empty

Hi

I have a set of bulk cartridge installed on my Epson 3800. Just recently I started seeing a low ink message error message for the LK. I check the cartridge and noted that it was still almost full. So I continue printing with no issues for several days. Just recently (3am) the printer stopped printing and required me to replace the LK cartridge. I checked the cartridge again and noted that it no where near empty. I powered down the Epson and reseated the cartridge and powered up. For a few minutes the everything was normal then it stopped again. Now the printer will not print. I should say all the other cartridges are being read correctly. Help!!!!

It's always like that with original cartridges because there are smart chips built in it by the manufacturers. If you like, you can buy a reset chip so that you can do a cheaper refill for that. If you wouldn't buy such chip, it wouldn't really recognize the toner you put in it.

Ask a Question