Epson 4800 Ink Compatablity Issues

Hi,

I've purchased an Epson 4800 Printer and recently the EPSON light magenta - T605C has run out so I've purchased a light magenta - AGFA LW29D to replace it, as I heard this would work, however the error message has appeared saying 'wrong ink' and I'd like to know how to fix this.

Can anyone help with my request please?

Many thanks
Mr Ed

To disable the non-genuine ink warning message you will need to disable Status Monitor. To do this, go to Printers in your Control Panel. Next, right-click on the Epson printer and select Print Preferences. Click on the Maintenance tab. Now click on the Speed & Progress button, to see the Speed and Progress window.

To disable the Status Monitor, place a tick in the ‘Disable EPSON Status Monitor 3’ box. Click ‘OK’ to save your setting.

Not only will this remove the alert every time you print, you will also get the full use of the ink cartridge. The status monitor on average informs you to change the cartridge with up to 25% of the ink remaining. Just replace the your ink cartridges when the printing starts to fade!

I've just done that, but its still not printing. The error is appearing on the LCD not the computer. Have you got any other recommendations?

Ask a Question