Epson Artisan 725 print head woes.

Hello everyone, I am new here and my name is Nathan.

I am experiencing a problem with my Epson Artisan Printer, regarding its print heads. Right after powering the printer on, I receive notice to contact Epson due to the print heads nearing the end of their life cycle. This is the best printer that I've ever owned, and the problem may have been causative of my own neglect. I say this because of having had purchased a CISS for my printer - and failing to be 'regular' about frequent printings. I believe that this failing, on my part, might have been the determining factor of my (possibly) print heads becoming so clogged up that my many numerous attempts to clean them were unsuccessful. Of course, my print heads COULD have failed on their own. But I kinda think that the former is the actual case.

Just a bit earlier, tonight, I ran across an online merchant selling a $30 print head cleaning setup, for inkjet printers. I wonder if anyone, here, had any experience with something on the order that I have mentioned - and (if so) could please share how well it worked. I need a good printer which can print directly on inkjet printable disk media, and cannot easily shell out for a new model. Being able to fix my 725 would mean more to me than I could express.

If I AM able to repair my printer I WILL get another CISS for it. But, THIS time, I will be SURE to print an 8"x10 size color photo at least once per week, instead of letting the printer sit idle for weeks (even months) at a time.

Any help in this matter would be HUGELY appreciated.

Advanced thanks,
Nathan

Ask a Question