Epson EP-807AW Printing in Bands

Hi there,

thanks in advance for any help.

My printer has started printing in clear regular horizontal (when portrait) 12.5 mm (exactly) bands. If it is a black and white (text) page, the bands are a nice clear black alternating with a faded but clear mauve. Where it prints black it is perfect.

If the page is a colour page, the black parts alternate with the pale mauve, and other colours alternate with a faded version of themselves, ie bright green alternates with pale green bright yellow with pale yellow etc.

There is no smudging, nor anything missing or skipping.

The printer was printing fine, but I was having trouble that the wireless tv was blocking the printer and I had to switch off the router and restart my PC if I wanted the print job to proceed. In an effort to stop this problem I uninstalled all the driver software from my PC and tried to reinstall it from the original disk. I'm pretty sure that during this process it said it needed to download extra files from the internet and at this point it updated its own firmware.

I am not using genuine Epson ink cartridges, previously it used to give a warning about them and ask if I wanted to proceed anyway. Since this re-install process I no longer get this message when installing new cartridges.

If I do a nozzle check/clean, the printer will find an ink cartridge that it says has run out (even though previously it didn't flag it as running low) and the printer errors on print operations until the cartridge is replaced. I have replaced several cartridges and am now wary of running a nozzle check as I'm fairly sure it is asking to replace cartridges which have been hardly used.

I'm pretty sure (but not certain) that during my reinstall, the updated firmware has become more hostile to non Epson cartridges and is going to keep running me in circles until I give up and buy proper expensive ones.

However I am open to other ideas, and any suggestions to what I might be able to do other than bite the bullet ??

Thanks again

Sarge

Ask a Question