Epson pos printer issue

So I am installing three new windows seven professional based computers. Although I'm keeping my thermal printers and my ink ribbon printers to save money

TM U220
Tm 88iii/v
All have the rs232 port on the back.

The new computers only have USB, one parallel port, and one serial port.

I need an easy way to connect these to the newer PCs without having to do anything overly expensive. They currently each have like two adapters to connect them into the old computers. But I'm assuming they have drivers of some kind installed which I do not have nor any type of brand or model of these said adapters.

I need a way to connect these by purchasing some kind of cable or adapter Edward would require no driver is it possible for a guaranteed to function adapter with drivers.

I brought the tower to my current restaurant that has regular connections such as both thermal printers are LPT1 parallel Connect to the LPT1 port on the PC. This printing works flawlessly.

But the new PCs like I said only have one serial and one parallel. In the printers I have only have RS 232. What is the best way to connect the RS 232 printers to computers that only have USB, 1 parallel, 1 serial port. Last time I did these I was there from 10 PM to 3 AM with headaches. I'd like a solution that I know would definitely work and not interfere with long lengthy installations

Ask a Question