EPSON POS-Printers - How to set maximum characters per line to an exact limit

Hi.

I would like to limit the number of characters per line to an exact limit.
There is a standard OPOS property for this : "RecLineChars".
But the problem is that in EPSON there is a very limited number of selectable values (depends on the model and font).
In IBM / Toshiba, for instance, I can set any integer value up to the maximum supported limit.
1. Is it a bug of EPSON not complying OPOS protocol? Is there a way to work-around it, or solved already in certain drivers?
2. Consider it cannot be supported by "recLineChars", is there an alternative setting to achieve that?

At least according to Microsoft, it seems that EPSON does not comply the protocol...

Quatation from MSDN ( https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd125620(v=winembedded.10).aspx )
If the exact width cannot be supported and the value is less than the maximum value allowed for the printer, subsequent lines will be printed with the number that most closely supports the specified characters per line. (For example, if RecLineChars is set to 36 and the printer can print either 30 or 40 characters per line, the service object should select the line width of 40 and print up to 36 characters on each line.)

In EPSON TM-H6000IV , I set RecLineChars to 36, but it forces 42. (print up to 42 chars instead of 36 chars/line)

In IBM / Toshiba it works.

Thanks!

Ask a Question