Epson print heads ???

I am looking at the Epson photo printer the 400 series. I had an E[pson about 12 years ago and had many problems with the print head getting clogged. I used it at least twice a week and sometimes more. I called Epson about it and they said send it to them and they would fix the problem with a new print head or take it back to Best Buy and have them replace it. I only had it less than 3 months. Best Buy refused to do any thing about it. That ended my relationship with Best Buy.
My question today is are Epson printers still having problems with heads clogging up? I read some where in the past few days you must use them often to prevent this. Is this true??? I have had 2 Canon printers and never had a problem at all. I am really interested in the Epson 400 photo printer BUT if print heads are still a problem that may kill it.
Any feedback on Epson print head clogging up will be greatly appreciated. I hate to invest and then start having problems. I really like there color pallet of inks.

Thanks Bill

Ask a Question