Epson PX720WD Injet cartridges

I have used a series of these types of Epson inkjet photo printers and recently got a couple of the PX720WDs. I always use original inks (T0801-T0806) as I've yet to find a compatable that yields the same results as the Claria inks. However I have had a few, supposedly genuine, cartridges reject recently. Obviously each time they do so it's nearly £10 down the drain so it's getting quite costly.

To save money I have always got my cartridges through vendors on Ebay and am now wondering if some of what I am buying is not the original product. In fact recently I have noticed on some Ebay listings that some vendors are stating that the cartridges are not compatible with PX720WD PX730WD despite advertising them as the original and genuine Epson product. Am I right in saying that they CANT be the original product if they are not compatible with those printers? or have Epson recently updated their T0801-T0806 cartridges and old ones aren't compatible with the new printers? I did try phoning Epson support but the man there only wanted to sell me cartridges direct rather than answer the question!

My gut feeling is that some of the inks I have bought were original cartridges at one time, but have been refilled. Is that a reasonable assumption? Any advice gratefully received....

Ask a Question