Epson R200 head alignment

Hi all,

I have an Epson R200 which has been a great printer over the years, but has now developed a fault.

No matter how many times I run the Print Head Alignment the black and magenta heads are still out of alignment.

The nozzles are clear, and I've cleaned under the heads. Prints are OK except for the alignment.

I contacted Epson for and web chat, and was told that it was not fixable, and why not buy a new printer from them ( a bit predictable really)

Anyhow, could anyone say whether my printer is fixable, before I trash it and make some space on my desk.

Many thanks.

why you think they are out of aligment? if you tell that prints are okay, where is problem? can you post any printout?

In my post I said that the prints are OK, EXCEPT for the alignment.

Anything printed in black ink is all jagged lines.

I have tried following the instructions from Arthur Entlich about this problem, but nothing I do seems to solve it.

The printer is destined for the landfill.

I'm having print head alignment issues with my Canon iP4300 and it simply WON'T do the auto align function - just spits out the paper saying there is an error. It will go through the steps for manual alignment (though it didn't help my situation). If you haven't already tried doing a manual alignment, you could try that - maybe auto align isn't doing it's job. . .

I don't think you can manually re-align EPSON printers.

Anyway it's been disposed of.

End of story.

Ask a Question