Epson Scam

I just replaced the magenta ink cartridge in my Epson WF-4730. Before I did the yellow and cyan cartridges were just under half way while the black XL cartridge was just over half way. After replacing the magenta cartridge, letting the printer do its priming thing, did not print out a single page, now the yellow and cyan ink levels are practically empty while the black one is well below half way.

Where did all the overpriced ink go? Or are your sensors just this inaccurate?

Do you seriously have these machines designed to flush out that much ink into the maintenance box?

I will never buy an Epson printer again and I will do everything I can to avoid a printer with a “maintenance box” scam built in, just call it what it is… an ink reservoir that we’ve designed into the machine to make you waste a lot of ink, but it is okay as it is for your printers benefit to flush out the printer heads.

Which makes sense considering ink sales creates Epson's profit margin not printer sales. It is unfortunate that so many corporations have adopted such unethical business practices all for the bottom line… Yes capitalism breeds such small greedy minds.

Ask a Question