Epson SX400 Printer

Hello everyone, I have just registered on this site and wondered if someone can help me please with a problem with my printer. I have had my Epson SX 400 printer for about 12 months, and have replaced the individual cartridges with compatible cartridges as the originals ran out of ink. I have had no problems up until my computer was attacked by a virus or trojan or some other nasty, where the only way to sort it out was by reformatting the hard drive. When I got the computer up and running again I reinstalled the printer software and when I switched the printer on, it came up with an error saying 'cannot recognise ink cartridges'. I have tried removing/replacing them, replacing the original empty cartridges, and disconnecting from the main computer (this printer will print from camera memory cards and copy without being connected to the computer), asked at the shop we bought the cartridges from, all without success. Comments on the screen on the printer suggest that the printer will record in its software when non OEM cartridges are used, so I have now probably invalidated the warranty. I have recently renewed the cartridges, so am reluctant to try a new compatible multipack, or even new Epson cartridges, in case it is the printer that is faulty. Anyone had similar problems, or suggest anything else I can do before I resort to buying a new printer.

Ask a Question