Epson TM-L500A

I've recently purchased an Epson TM-L500A. I've been completely unsuccessful in getting it connected to my computer (running Windows 10).

The first time I tried to connect, I was an idiot and connected the printer to my computer directly (assuming Windows would install it on its own). Unfortunately, that was not the case. I then attempted to install the Advanced Printer Driver (v4.56), and to no avail, gave up. Then Windows told me it needed to restart after an update and it corrupted the OS!

$100 later (Geek Squad....) and with a newly installed OS, I attempted to connect again. This time, I made sure to install the APD first, then I connected the printer, but it still won't connect!! It actually shows up in two separate places in the Devices and Printers section of the Control Panel (see image below). I'm assuming the actual printer shown under "Printers" is a result of the driver that was installed. The second element (titled "TM-L500A") disappears when I disconnect the printer and reappears after reconnecting.

upload_2018-5-23_22-50-18.png

When I try and Troubleshoot the first one (under Printers), it doesn't identify an issue. However, I'm not able to even print a test page (it "sends," but then just sits in the queue). When I try and Troubleshoot the "unspecified" TM-L500A, it says "USB Printing Support can't work properly with USB 3.0." This doesn't make sense because the printer's USB connection is plugged into one of my computer's USB 2.0 ports (same error is given when using a 3.0 port).

Does anyone have any advice or has anyone run into this issue before?

Thanks!

Ask a Question