Epson, what have you done.....

Hi Guys,

I have been a massive fan of Epson photo printers for many years now and have always replaced with the latest model as and when required. I recently had to upgrade from my very trusty and great R300, which I loved to bits, did all I could want and more. Having been into various shops and from scouring the internet, it seems Epson have moved away from standalone Photo printers, except for A3 and Multi Function with photo capabilities seem to be order of the day.

I ended up going for an RX585, which looks top notch, uses the 6 ink system I am used to and has a scanner.....don't need it but hey ho.

Unboxed, setup easy.....print my first photo onto the paper I always got perfect results on before but....oh no, ink virtually running off it...look in the paper options again and well, would you believe it, every option Epson, Epson Photo, Epson Matt, Epson Superior.....aaaargh. Well I stuck a sheet of the Epson test paper through and sure enough she printed perfectly....now to be honest I don't need my prints to last 200 years, ill be gone long before that, but Poundland do 25 A4 sheets of gloss or 100 Sheets of 6x4 gloss for a quid a pop and the results previously were cracking. I dont wanna pay £15 - £20 for the same ammount of Epson paper, for that money it is cheaper to send them off to a lab.

I also tried to print onto Tee Shirt transfer paper and it was swimming, useless!

Can anyone shed some light, I liked the fact I could replace the Epson inks with Compatible carts for good money, but at the rate this thing is going, i'll have to re mortgage my house to keep my hobby alive!!

Any suggestions.....oh and it is boxed back up and going back to the shop tomorrow.

Cheers

Andy

Ask a Question