EPSON WORKFORCE series and cheap bluetooth dongle option available!!

Hello all,

I wanted to share a wonderful accident that occurred that has enable Bluetooth printing
on my Epson Workforce 615. Since the workforce series is all the same except for options Im positive that it will work for the Epson Workforce series all of them.

I had an older D-Link Bluetooth Dongle the DBT-120 that I retired and just to see if it would work I plugged into the Epson Workforce that I have. I've tried many other adaptors and they didn't work.

Guess what?
The printer detected it and I now have Bluetooth capability on it.
The nice part is this adaptor is cheap since it's older and it's apparent that Epson is using
D-link's chipsets as the dongles. I discovered this by accident!

So while I can't prove it . It's highly likely that the chipset inside the DBT-120 is the reason it's working. After researching I cant find the chipset so I may crack it open to find out what chip company is on it. It's highly likely that a different manufacturer will work if we find out the chip on this little pcb for the DBT-120.

Amazon has one for sell for 12.00 and they are also on Ebay for around 12 bucks.
They are cheap and certainly cheaper than the over 50 dollar ones at the Epson store.
I wanted to take the time to share this is this adds some really nice functionality to the printers for cheap. It's also possible it may work on other printer models but don't quote me on this. But it's likely.
Any takers that has an Artisan willing to try? Your chances are good.

This allows printing from your smartphone easily and allows any Bluetooth device such as tablets to print from one to another device easily.
This is a nice upgrade for 12 bucks folks. Get those DBT-120 while you can!
They aren't made anymore so you may have to search around but ebay has it.
Amazon had one as well.

I hope you find this useful to add a cheap Bluetooth dongle to your printer for next to nothing!
Good luck and happy bluetoothing!

Last edited:

Ask a Question