Epson XP-325 problems with paper and ink

Hi,

A few months back our printer wasn't printing normal, it kept shredding the paper. When I opened it up I found out that a kid thrown his watch inside..idk how but yea I managed to get the tiny watch out. So I thought okay great now it's fixed. But few days later it happened to print everything green. I changed the cartridges, bought new ones, cleaned the the thing, made the thing clean itsself nothing worked. And as if that wasn't enough it can't take the paper properly inside it. Like the left side pulls more than the right side so it gets skew and prints everything skew. I got a feeling that the watch may have broken something inside or something. It is not giving any errors. I made a video put can't put it here file is too large. Maybe someone can walk me through on how to fix it. I don't know much but I am kind of handy. Is there anyone that can help me? I don't wanna go to the technician cuz I don't really have the money atm.

P.s. sorry for my lack of English I am from the Netherlands.

-Humeyra
IMG-20180308-WA0005.jpg

Check your rubber rollers for damage. Should be soft pliable rubber. Do not clean with alcohol. Alcohol will harden rubber. Damaged rollers may cause the skewing. Shake printer up-side-down. Listen carefully for something loose inside. Might be more than just the kids watch.

Use standard inkjet or copy paper (20lb)

Should use OEM Epson brand ink and cartridges.

Run cleaning cycle 3 or 4 times

Have printer print test sheet (Under Maintenance).

Type test sheet using WORD or Word Pad with one line of black letters , one line of red, etc.
Maybe you can pinpoint ink cartridge with problem

Check your rubber rollers for damage. Should be soft pliable rubber. Do not clean with alcohol. Alcohol will harden rubber. Damaged rollers may cause the skewing. Shake printer up-side-down. Listen carefully for something loose inside. Might be more than just the kids watch.

Use standard inkjet or copy paper (20lb)

Should use OEM Epson brand ink and cartridges.

Run cleaning cycle 3 or 4 times

Have printer print test sheet (Under Maintenance).

Type test sheet using WORD or Word Pad with one line of black letters , one line of red, etc.
Maybe you can pinpoint ink cartridge with problem

The rubber roller seems fine. I
20180308_172117.jpg
I am already using standard inkjet en paper. I think the problem is with the black cartridge. All the colors come fine except black.The black comes half green half white.
Nothing loose inside btw

Last edited:
UPDATE:Since I touched the roller it prints out fine now, it's not skew anymore. Although I didn't really do anything with it it magically fixed. I bought new ink again and it still shows black as green. Noticed that red also isn't good. At first it was orangeish but now its just yellow. But that might also be because the black is not mixing? Idk
Here is a picture of the test run:
15205285295181984981672.jpg

This view of rubber roller looks ok, but rotate roller to view all of it. Appears to be second mating roller inside.
Be sure rubber is intact on it as well. Do rollers rotate smoothly and evenly. Do rollers rotate true. Look for crumpled paper inside paper transport path that may cause blockage Look for other rubber rollers, any of which may be cracked or otherwise damaged. View paper as it is transported thru machine. Can you spot where paper is skewed off course. You may have to make test sheet (entire page of ryryryryr) to follow paper as it moves through printer.

Replace your black cartridge. Use only Epson brand cartridge. Be sure your ink cartridges are fully seated. You will probably hear a click as you push cartridges down into position. Re-seat each cartridge. Each cartridge must seal as it is pushed into position.

Let me know what you find

This view of rubber roller looks ok, but rotate roller to view all of it. Appears to be second mating roller inside.
Be sure rubber is intact on it as well. Do rollers rotate smoothly and evenly. Do rollers rotate true. Look for crumpled paper inside paper transport path that may cause blockage Look for other rubber rollers, any of which may be cracked or otherwise damaged. View paper as it is transported thru machine. Can you spot where paper is skewed off course. You may have to make test sheet (entire page of ryryryryr) to follow paper as it moves through printer.

Replace your black cartridge. Use only Epson brand cartridge. Be sure your ink cartridges are fully seated. You will probably hear a click as you push cartridges down into position. Re-seat each cartridge. Each cartridge must seal as it is pushed into position.

Let me know what you find
Heyy thanks for your help! When I touched the rubber thing I kinda moved it around to check if it was good and by doing that not knowingly I kinda fixed the skewness. Also when I bought the new cartridge it first gave this:
1520529774739622897437.jpg
Then I let the printer clean the things and it printed out this:
15205298903131237332162.jpg
The black is fixed! I probably need to buy a new magenta as well, but no hurry in that just needed black badly. I believe the magenta will fix too if I buy a knew one.
Thanks for the help!

Ask a Question