Epson XP-400 Won't power on

Hi, I have 2 Epson xp-400's that I removed the printheads for deep cleaning. After re-installation is powered on, got halfway through charging the cartridges and shut down. Now it won't turn on at all. I have checked the cord and power source. Next day re-installed for the other printer and it did the exact same thing.

Tried the "hold the power button while plugging in" thing but to no avail. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Are you saying to turn it off in Windows? Wouldn't I have to be able to turn it on to affect it? I can't get the printer to turn on at all. It acts like it's not plugged in. And I've tried different plugs and cables

Disconnect from Internet. Let me know if printer works normally.
Unplug Internet cable from router or from computer if not using router.
I had similar problem and had to disassociate my computer from "Cloud Print"
and "Epson Connect". Dont know which was culprit

Additional things you can check:

Do you have surge protector? Try table lamp plugged into surge protector?
Try different power outlet in another room?
What happens if you unplug USB cable to printer? I know you cant print, but does power stay on?
Let us know

if you remove the printhead and performed a heavy unclogging operation and now the printer wont power on, its clear your mainboard is blown out, i can help you repair it but unfortunately you have to replace the printhead before conect to power or it will blow it again,while applying pressure to the printhead manifold you problaby damage the inside joint and the printhead circuit is drowned inside,when you power on the printer it will cause a short circuit and the 2 switching MOSFET on mainboard will blow out and thus no power,

normally any Epson engineer will advise to replace mainboard, printhead and the Flat FCC cable,

Ask a Question