Epson XP215 Ink

I have an Epson XP215,had it about 3 years.I have just replaced all the ink cartridges with genuine Epsom ink.Problem is it will not print as it is showing that all the colours are empty.No matter what i do it still will not print.I have uninstalled but still no luck.The other problem is if i try to print grayscale it keeps saying printer busy.Any ideas will be very much appreciated.
Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can try disconnecting power cable from wall outlet for five minutes. Sometimes that will reset a stubborn machine.

If you can access Printing Preferences, Reset Defaults (Reset Button At bottom of each tab) under Main and Advance Tab both. Navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click XP215 Icon -> Select Printing Preferences

Last edited:
By any chance did you leave printer without cartridges for any length of time?
Has printer been just sitting in storage for lengthy period of time?
You can clean cartridge contacts with rubber pencil eraser.
Did you double check part numbers on new cartridges for your XP-215?
See your printer manual.
Did you check USB printer cable at both ends? Have solid connection?
Try different USB cable?
Do you have correct printer driver for your Operating System? What Printer Driver Do you have installed?
What is Your OS? Please answer all.

Do this:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click XP215 Icon -> Select Remove Device
Do same for any other XP-215 Icons remaining
Re-install printer using Epson Install CD. Pay close attention to Epson printed fold-out instructions and to screen instructions. Some Epson printers require USB cable to be disconnected during Install process.

Ask a Question