ET-3760 SCANNER FUNCTION

I have an ET-3760 and i have always had some issue or other connecting to it.
I have it setup for connection over wifi. The print functions have always been ok from the desktop, laptop and iphone. when i attempt to scan an image or whatever, I will generally receive a message indicating the scanner is busy. Other times I will receive a message prompting me to load a document into the automatic document feeder. That is as far as I can get. There have been times after fiddling around I can get the scanner to be recognized and to respond properly.
Ideas?
Thanks, DaveR KB7GP

What OS are you using, it'll help determine which utility program could help you? Also, did you do the setup yourself, do you still have the USB cable?

What OS are you using, it'll help determine which utility program could help you? Also, did you do the setup yourself, do you still have the USB cable? Actually I had been using both USB and wireless and thought I might try wireless only. (Eliminate any conflicts?)

Windows 10 and yes I have the USB.

Check under Control Panel/Device Manager/Imaging Devices to see if it recognized by the system, also see if it is marked (NET) if it is then the network driver is installed, if not you'll need to change it. Check the other device headings to see if driver is updated and Events to see if anything needs to be changed. Also, at some point you'll want to run Troubleshooting on the device.

Thank you for that information. I just reconnected my USB cable. The scanner is working from PaperPort but haven't fixed the desktop scanner icon yet. In reality, pretty sure the scanner is unnecessary from a/my portable device since I will unlikely not be near the scanner. :(

What Troubleshooting are you referring to? Do you have a specific program or are you speaking in general terms?

again thank you for all your help.

Ask a Question