ET-7750 glossy paper printing issues

Hi, all. I have recently purchased the Epson Expression ET-7750 for doing large format poster printing. I have also purchased several reams of premium 11x17 smooth, dull and glossy 80lb cover paper (Athens, Neenah, Futura, etc...). The 7750 prints wonderful, crisp posters on the smooth cover stock, photos, logos and all. However, when I try to print on any sort of coated or glossy paper (regardless of the settings I choose), the ink seems to bleed into the paper, blurring the images. I also get roller smudge. Watching the printing through the top, it seems to be working fine. It just bleeds ink badly after it crosses the print head.

It does this regardless of what program I use to print (Photoshop and Preview on Mac, Windows print, EPSON mobile app)

Here is what prints onto smooth cover look like...

IMG_1247.JPG IMG_2696.JPG

Here are what prints on coated or glossy paper look like...
IMG_1069.JPG IMG_4220.JPG

Has anyone else run into this? Am I only supposed to use Epson glossy paper? I don't really want to use photo paper. I am looking to print cover stock posters. HELP!

Last edited:

Ask a Question