help in Sublimation printing

Hi all,

I want to start printing on mugs and t-shits, I knew that its better to print using sublimation inks, but I'm a little bit confused, can i use sublimation inks in ink-jet printers or there is a specific printer for sublimation inks like Epson printer?

thank you in advance,
Ahmad

Dear Ahmad,

You asked," Can i use sublimation inks in ink-jet printers or there is a specific printer for sublimation inks like Epson printer?"

Sublimation ink systems and cartridges have evolved since they were first invented.
Several types are available for certain Epson printers.
The requirement is that the printer have a micro-piezo printhead.

Here is an ink available webpage on dyetrans com
Keep in mind, you would have to have a new printer or a very nicely cleaned used one...

In recent years, the Ricoh printers with micro-piezo printheads have become popular.
They use the e3300N, the 5050N (no longer available) and the GX 7000, the most popular.

The e3300N only prints 8.5" wide, but the 7000 is expandable up to 13" wide (with an optional bypass tray).

Your printer size should complement your heat press. Doing only mugs? The e3300N is a great choice, and it can be set up fully for $400: look at dyetrans com

Good luck with your new enterprise.
Thanks,

Bobbi McMullen
Marketing Coordinator

Delivering all the value of today's color output technology.

Condé Systems, Inc.
5600 Commerce Blvd. East
Mobile, AL; 36619-9214
(800) 826-6332, ext. 272 - Toll Free
(251) 633-5704. ext 272

Condé West Coast
14221 Artesia Blvd
La Mirada, CA 90638

Ask a Question